Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lung Cancer Diagnosis

My mom was recently diagnosed with stage IV non-small cell lung cancer. Stage IV means the cancer has already spread to other organs, so surgery is no longer an option, and there is no hope that she will ever be cured. Needless to say, the news took our family completely by surprise. A week before the diagnosis I did not even notice anything that would indicate that she was sick (other than a lingering cough that I did not take too seriously at the time). Besides teaching a Bellydance class, I personally saw her workout at the gym and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. These are typical activities for my mother, who has always maintained an active and healthy lifestyle. She has never smoked.

My mom asked me to set up this blog to provide up-to-date information on her condition to all those interested. Although she is currently in the hospital, she is very enthusiastic about this and plans to make posts of her own once she is released. In the meantime, her family will try to keep readers informed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Cousins. I want to convey that I am earnestly praying for Janet. When one is helpless, one must remember one isn't helpless if one prays. When I was living in Italy I attended a church in Tuscany, in the town of Barberino Val d'elsa. There are the encased remains of Blessed Davanzato, a saintly man who did much good. I have asked his intercession in prayer for some of my own minor health concerns, and in each instance I met with immediate healing, within hours for persistent problems. Three separate times I was helped, for my hip, my foot, and the first instance an undiagnosed breathing and internal concern. I thought I would share this as I am daily asking for his intercession in prayer for Janet who I dearly love. Maria-Christina Matheson

Barbara Duval said...

Happy Birthday Janet from all of your Zaniewski cousins. Love, hugs and kisses from Aunty Wendy. All positive thoughts, love and prayers are being sent your way.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.