Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Janet on wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hello friends,

This is George, Janet's husband. Today Janet was recovering from her lung drain surgery on Tuesday. It went well and she is recovering her strength.

It is too soon for visitors at Holy Cross, with a couple of exceptions.
Janet needs time to rest and heal. Her spirit is good even if the body is weak.
Hopefully she will get better each day.

She is so happy that so many friends rallied to help her and me in this time of need. I have been orally passing some of the messages to her. She wants me to tell everyone that the response was terrific and you were remarkable in getting us good access to some key medical experts and information.
This dance network is astonishing. I was going to send a shotgun email through my place of work, but by the time we were just about to let it loose, Janet and I had gotten a huge amount of specific and valuable information from the dance network. You dance gals are a force to be reckoned with!

We will be sending out specificc updates and thanks you's to many of you, but for the moment, Janet is on her back without a keyboard (how deprived!) and I am running in crisis mode.

So, let me share a lighter moment with you.
As she was being wheeled into surgery, they asked her many questions about allergies, drug reactions, sensitivity to anesthesia, etc and they asked if she had any metal on.
I guess they were concerned about body jewelry or dental bridges, etc. Janet said well yes, she did have some heavy metal on. They asked where? She said on her toes. They looked, and they found her metallic nail paint from the end of may dance camp. She wears the gold metal colors with pride! The paint is a bit tattered after the last 2 weeks, but the colors shine on!

Janet will be seeing two oncologists next week.
Once again, prayers welcome!
I'll try to add an update each day.

Special thanks to Colleen Hood for helping organize dancer communications, to my son GW for getting this blog up and running, and Joan Chouili for helping me with the medical issues.

george q.

3 comments:

Wightman said...

Janet, George and Family,
Thank you for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to keep everyone informed. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
God Bless, Marlene Wightman

Unknown said...

Heavy metal toe nails? They've obviously never seen what she drives or the doctors wouldn't have believed anything other than the entire foot! :)

The PRC now knows about the website so you should have plenty of visits (virtual) from us.

Billy

Anonymous said...

Janet,

I am glad you're feeling better.

Ask the doctor what type of adhesive they used, maybe we can try it out on dentin?! (Can I think of something else, but work?)

I guess I am a lost case.

But I do think a lot about you and your family and hope that things will continue to look up.

Take care,

Sabine
PS:
Frankly, I have no idea what I am supposed to do with this blog thing. I'll try my best to get it to you.