Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm back!

Hello Beautiful Supporters!

I am still a little woozy and exhausted, but finally well enough to start doing a few basic things for myself - like post this!

Yesterday was very bad - we made an emergency run to Holy Cross Hospital and didn't get home until early this morning. Too much blood thinner - a score of over ten on the INR scale, with other problems. I was in agony. Today, however, everything is finally getting under control.

I can't tell you how much your support has meant to us.

Repeated thank yous seem so inadequate!

Tomorrow I meet with an oncologist.

Janet/Aliya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

I was so glad to see your entry and know that today was a better day. Good luck in your meeting with the oncologist.

Thinking about you all the time, Naomi

Sam Liao said...

Hi Janet,

It is very good to hear your voice from this blog today, it has been for few weeks since I followed this website.

I have been listening to some health talks recently and I think it make sense to me and I want to share with you. But hey, I am not an expert on this area. I just want to share with you about this alkaline diet concept. Please check out this youtube video and you will find what they are talking about. If you dont agree with it, dont worry about it ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4s6cTQtK_E&feature=related

By the way, good luck on the meeting tomorrow! God Bless you

Sam

Unknown said...

PID or basic gain feedback control in a closed loop can always be tricky when you change the set point - luckily it's just the first oscillation that's the worst.

Just remind your doctors to make sure your controller gain is set to less than the ultimate system gain and everything will be just fine - although I'm not sure if you can look up a "Janet" on the regular Laplace transform tables so they might have to use some fancy math to return you to real space.

I made it a really bad engineering joke so you wouldn't laugh too hard - it was difficult considering how funny my engineering jokes usually are ;)

Hope you'll be feeling much better this week. My prayers, thoughts, and love are with you (even if bad jokes are a funny way to show it (pun not intended - well not exclusively)).

Billy