Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday was up and down

Hello friends,
This is george again.
Janet started well today. In the morning we had a great conversation on the phone, but tonight she was very tired and still draining, albiet less than earlier in the week. She got at least two blood units to help rebuild her strength tonight. Tonight she had trouble talking, so I read messages to her and showed her yesterday's blog entries and comments. I also brought in a photo album from when we were young and going to college together. We have fond memories from that time.

Get well cards are coming in to me here at the residence and that is great. Janet can look at them or I can read them when I visit. I stayed with her for three hours tonight, gently calming her and occasionally reading the cards. I also told her about her work project that I am helping to keep moving forward. This helps take her mind off her troubles and keeps her technically involved.
We are still restricting visitors. She very much wants to see many of you, but she also realizes that it is essental that she conserve and rebuild her strength to be able to leave the hospital as soon as possible and prepare for the Hopkins meeting next Thursday. I had hoped to allow more visitors to come this weekend, but I am not sure that she is ready for it. I know some of you may be impatient, but this is also Janet's wish. Let us be patient.

Do not worry, she is getting a few visitors. Today Aleta and I visited. Joan Chouili also stoped by. Joan is a ICU nurse and her help and positive attitude is just what Janet appreciates. Our neighbor Joanne Pulliam from down the street stopped by too. I asked Joanne to come. Through the years, Janet and she shared experiences and stories of our kids growing up and going to school in this area. They often go for long walks through the neighborhood. Between we visitors and all the doctors and nurses and clergy, this was enough for Janet today.

Janet is in a room by herself, which is good for her rest. The hospital room is nice and is bright and sunny. She is near a large window where she can watch the clouds and sun go by. The room is very warm, which is just the way she likes it. She can control her bed and has a hand held controller and direct oral communication with the nurses if she needs anything. She likes the food. I have even seen her order something from the kitchen and see it arrive on a tray within a very short time. The kitchen staff are very friendly and happy to take special orders. Janet does not watch any TV at all, not even the news. That was her pattern at home too. I wanted to take a picture tonight, but she was not up to it. Maybe tomorrow. The plan and hope is that she can recover enough to leave the hospital this weekend.

Let's hope that the draining abates and she can gets some strength. This is a critical time and we hope you'll keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming. I am very sincere about this request. I think she needs this help at this critical juncture.
God bless you all.
george

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you George for placing the update everyday. I think about Janet all the time and keep looking for your report every night. It is encouraging that the draining is less than earlier in the week. Let’s hope that this trend will continue with a steep slop.
I cannot wait to get orders of special dishes from Janet when she will be at home. I will not be as fast as the people in the hospital, but I will try.

Hope to talk to both of you soon, Naomi

Sam Liao said...

Hi Janet,
I have been checking this website everyday. Just to let you know that I love you and your family very much! I went to daily mass and praying for you that will be healed very soon! You will be okay!
By the way, I got a part time job starting Monday, I feel great about it! And I keep looking, and I promise I won't let you down, my friend ;-)

Love

Sam

Clif Carey said...

Hello Janet,

I am at work this morning and stopped by the Blogsite to catch up on your doings. It is hard to believe that hospital food is good, much less palitable! Things sure change over time.

I also am praying for your quick recovery and for a great visit to the docs at Johns Hopkins.
Clif