Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Time for Reflection and Coffee Open House on Sunday

Dear friends,

This is George again on early Saturday evening.

Thank you so much for the outpouring of sympathy and support. It is amazing how many of you loved Janet. Messages have been coming in from around the world.

The Quinn family is starting to decompress. It has been a stressful and frenzied time as we worked furiously to help Janet through these difficult stages. I am at peace, but feel a tremendous hole in my soul. Life without Janet will never be the same. I shall cherish her memory and dream of her often.

Over the last few weeks, I have regretted having had to hold so many friends away from Janet to allow her time to rest and gather her energy. I am so sorry that many of you had no chance to see her one last time. I knew that she would have been bouyed by your visits.

Plans are underway for a funeral mass, probably at 11:00 am Wednesday as well as a reception (at the church hall?) afterwards. The funeral Mass will be at Our Lady of the Visitation Catholic church in Darnestown, Maryland. Please check this blog site again for confirmation. So come one and come all to our farewell to Janet on Wednesday.

We will not have a formal Irish (or Polish!) wake and we are proceeding with our plans for cremation.

In the meantime, we will have a simple coffee - open house at the Quinn residence on Sunday afternon (tomorrow July 20) from 1 pm to 7 pm. Please feel free to drop by, share some memories, have a look at Janet's basement dance studio, bring some photos, and help us heal.

12721 War Admiral Way
North Potomac (near Darnestown) Maryland

It is at the intersection of Jones Lane and War Admiral Way, off route 28.

tel: 301 977 3691

george sr.

ADDENDA 1: Janet first checked into the Kaiser urgent care clinic on June 1st. It was 7 weeks to the day to her passing. So brief, so sad.

ADDENDA 2: I wish to specially thank Sam Laio for the picture below. He sent it to the blog on June 13th. It so perfectly captures Janet's personnality and joy that I will cherish it forever. Thank you so much Sam for sending it to us. Good luck with your photography career.

5 comments:

Athanasia said...

George Sr., George Jr., Aleta and family.

I am sorry for your loss. This is a tragedy. Janet was cut in her prime.
Given everything that has passed I am not surprised that Janet has died; but I did not expect it so soon. Apparently, she knew something and made a difficut decision. I thought I would be able to say good-bye to her. I really would have liked that.

I lost my mom four months ago; so I know what you are going through. I am still griving and always will be. The only thing I can say to console you is that Janet's body has transended to a pain free and whole form. She is in a better place. You cannot get any better than being with God. Knowing Janet I have no doubt that she is with the angels in heaven; for she herself was an angel. I feel so blessed to have known her for so many years.

I will see you.

Love,
Athanasia

Anonymous said...

Dear George, Aleta, GW and family,
I cannot find the words to express my sorrow for your loss. I was fortunate to share a cabin with Janet, Aleta and Carol during Memorial Day weekend Dance Camp after dancing with Janet, Colleen, Karen and Julie the week before. Her unconditional love and support was a precious gift. We will never forget her. I will see you at the ceremony.
With Deepest Sympathy,
Lisa (Dahlia)

Unknown said...

Dear George and Family-
In lieu of flowers, I would like to make a donation in Janet's memory to one of her favorite charities. I am sure some others might feel the same way too. Last Sept. Janet had selected Partners in Health for the charity fund raiser we held at my house. I hope that you can provide some guidance in this area so I can help continue Janet's good deeds. With deep sympathy-
Roxanne

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry I missed the open house yesterday. I get email through my work site and have just read the announcement. What a wonderful idea.

Samia said...

Thank you for opening your home and your heart to us.