Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Day to Unwind

Hello friends of our beloved Janet,

The pleasant smells of the many flowers that we received over the last few days waft through our house.

Last night and today were days of hugs and best wishes as family members bid farewell. My brother Jim left on late Thursday. Janet's sister Cindy and Aleta sorted through Janet's years of tapes, costumes, videos, CD's, canes, swords, veils, zills, and so forth. I looked for the original zills that I gave to Janet over 30 years ago that set her on her dance journey. I think that I found them, but I only found two. Cindy and Aleta assured me that such is the way of zills. They may start out as a set of 4, but often wind up as 3 or less! Aleta will take many items as will Cindy, but the Kismet dancers may be in for some treats.

I visited the church on Thursday and told Father Matthew that he had done a fine job with his sermon and there were many positive comments. Some even wanted copies of his sermon, but he does not write or record them. So trust your memories as to what he said about Janet's wisdom and science and her dancng and her love of fellow people.

I had a moment today when I yearned to hear Janet's voice. She had a very pleasant voice. I called her office telephone at NIST and listened to her recorded message.

Tonight I scanned through this blog to "hear" her voice through her written messages. You can "hear" her in the entries of
June 30th, "I'm Back"
July 1, "My first cancer drug starts today"
July 2nd "Better and Better"
and July 9, "Ups and Downs"

So brave and optimistic..................

good night
george sr.

No comments: