Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Dear Janet

I learned the Lord's Prayer as a child. I really didn't understand it, but when I was frightened I would say the prayer over and over and it would comfort me. I found this updated version a number of years ago and I think it is beautiful. I have studied the pray line by line and I think it is the most perfect affirmation ever created. Here is the modern prayer:

O Holy Friend,
which are alive in the soul of me,
precious and sacred is Thy Name.
May the abundance of Thy Kingdom
and the Truth of Thy will
be expressed in my outer affairs
-as they are revealed to me
at the summit of my soul.
And for the needs of my day,
Help me to know You have already given
to the capacity of my awareness.
Help me to forgive myself so that I may
then forgive those with whom I have
experienced pain and disharmony.
Help me to determine the difference between
temptation and inspiration
so that I may avoid error and make my life
a living testimony to Thy Love and Presence.
For Thine is the Kingdom of Good,
the Power of Truth,
and the Glory of Life that endures forever.
Amen

Love, Linda

No comments: