Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The End is Near

Well my friends,

it is 11:40 pm the eve of Janet's funeral. The hustle and bustle of the day has subdued to a serene stillness as many of Janet's family who have come from far and wide have rested their heads on beds, couches and sleeping bags. I am the last one awake, much like many of the nights over the last 2 months.

How so many times in these evenings I worried about the day's events or the prospects for the next day. Tonight, I have only one last task to do. I will write a short eulogy. In one sense it will be easy since my heart is full of things to say. It will be hard since I am not eloquent. Maybe I should simply paraphrase many of the wonderful things that you have told me or written to me the last few days. I hope that I can get past the first line.

They have agreed to play Ravel's Pavan for a Dead Princess. A musician will play it as the prelude while we are seating. Please let me and Janet's mother bask alone in its soothing harmonies as we sit at the front. My friends and family will usher you to your pews.

I hope that many of you saw the Washington Post death notice on Tuesday. We had Sam Liao's color photo in it.

Aleta and I will prepare a longer obituary story for later this or next week.

And a belated Happy Birthday to Aleta on Monday the 21st, her 25th birthday. She reminds many of us of her mother.

God bless you all. your devoted friend george sr.

No comments: