Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sunday brief but important update

Due to a dire and unexpected turn of events, Mom is having surgery tomorrow (Monday) to relieve pressure on her spinal cord. We consulted Mom's entire panoply of doctors and all agreed the surgery is necessary at this time. The radiation has not been sufficiently effective to this point, though radiation treatments will continue.

More information will follow, tomorrow - both on the outcome of the surgery and what it means for the overall plan of treatment. Dad is staying with mom at the hospital tonight (the family was all there this afternoon and evening). Please, don't call or visit... Mom and Dad need to grab all possible sleep between the nurses' checkups, medications, etc.

So, we will see what happens tomorrow. Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words.

Aleta

10 comments:

Clif Carey said...

Janet,

Our prayers are with you as you go to surgery. Stay positive an stay strong.
Clif

Sam Liao said...

We are praying for you and your family everyday!

Sam

Anonymous said...

Our love to you all,
with prayers and dancing.

Carol, John, Robin, and Beth

Barbara Duval said...

Gracious God, I believe that you are a God of love, a God of compassion. Even though I do not understand the reasons for suffering, I pray that you will be with Janet everyday. Wrap your arms of grace around her, until she knows she is safely held in your embrace. And, I pray, that you will fill our hearts with the same compassion and hope, and give our eyes to see how we can lovingly be a part of Janet’s healing. I ask this for the sake of your great love. Amen.

~ Gretchen ~ said...

Good luck today, Janet! You know we're all thinking of you, and sending nothing but positive thoughts your way.

Much love to you and your family...

Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Janet and Aleta,

I don't know if you remember me, but for Janet, I worked for Clif a few summers (and a fall) ago when you shared an office, and Aleta, we went to Italy together in 8th grade. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Aleta, I've been trying to find your e-mail address. Mine is maspence@vt.edu

~Mary Spencer

Christine Hodkinson said...

Aleta, I think of your mom and the rest of the Quinns all the time. I hope today went well.

Christine

Anonymous said...

Janet,
I hope all goes well with surgery today. You and you're family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lisa Yee
(Gretchen's friend you see at the PRC events)

Athanasia said...

Janet,

Good luck with the surgery. I hope all goes well.

Athanasia

Kristin Breder said...

Dear Janet and George and Family. I am thinking of you every day. Take strength from all of us who are out here sending you our wishes. Kristin