Blog entries are ordered chronologically with the most recent post at the top of the page. First time visitors should start at the bottom and read upwards.

Posting comments requires a blogger account. To create a google account, follow this invitation link and follow the steps.

I assume most people do not already have a blogger account, so they will have to click on the "Create your account now" link after clicking on the above invitation link. Creating a blogger account should only takes a few seconds.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Hi Janet!


Dear Janet,


I have to share with you how truly inspiring you are. You see, whenever I log onto your website for an update, I see pictures of you smiling – despite everything you're going through, you're still smiling, and I think that's just so awe-inspiring and wonderful! It's a constant reminder that no matter what we're all going through physically, it's so important to stay positive mentally.


One of the ways I try to do that is through taking pictures. I've always enjoyed photography (or at least my own version of it). I've taken a couple of short solo-drives recently, and gotten some good shots. Of course, it's sometimes difficult to take pictures going 65mph down I-95, so it's more re-energizing my 'mental camera' than anything else. But a few weeks ago, I was at the Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes at Mount St. Mary's University. I don't know if you've ever visited there, but it's a very beautiful area, aside from the legends of the waters 'healing properties'. I have no evidence on that theory, but I did find the creek and the grounds to be quite peaceful – that in itself can be quite healing, I think.


Anyway, I hope you enjoy this picture… I had to take it with my cell phone (long story), so you'll have to visit The Grotto real-time to form your own impression. I hope you like it.


Take care, and please know I'm thinking of you…

Gretchen

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Gretchen,

I have no idea you like photography :-) I was visiting gaithersburg for few days and I didnt got a chance to meet you. But I was passing by the Mary Mount catholic College when I was going back to the airport. It was very nice and peaceful place.

Sam

Anonymous said...

Just so you know Mount St. Mary's University is near the Mason-Dixon line in the mountains, Marymount University is in northern Virginia near dc. Unless you were goint to a Pennsylvania airport you probably didn't pass MSM.

Sam Liao said...

That was a long story...

~ Gretchen ~ said...

Yes, I was at "The Mount", as they call it... I was on my way to York, PA at the time... My reference to being on I-95 was not in reference to this particular trip/photograph...

george quinn sr. said...

Gretchen,
It is a long hike or is it easy to get to from the parking lot? I have passed by the Grotto many times but have neglected to go into it. Perhaps I can encourage Janet to go up there with me.
george q.

~~~mary said...

If you want to see more pictures of the Grotto, please feel free to visit my blog:
www.stoppingtoaskfordirections.blogspot.com
I probably have five different posts on the blog w/probably way too many pictures. The most recent was just yesterday, but those photos are only of post-Mass activities inside of the glass chapel. I think there are three other postings showing the Grotto area itself. Peace. ~~~mary